Friday, April 27, 2018

Final post

After months of trying various yoga classes I can say that I genuinely missed practicing yoga. Yoga gives me an outlet to destress. The physical practice of yoga makes me feel good about myself because I like working out, and being physical but because of school its often the first thing I stop doing. Yoga is accompanied by philosophy and beliefs that emphasizes the individual and the importance of health, wellness, and a sound mind. I firmly believe that exercise and physical activity are necessary for those who want to be happy or in a better mental space. Though this philosophy is important to yoga many instructors in my experience treat it as just a work out and do not talk about philosophical elements. While I do not want an instructor who preaches throughout class I do think it is important to remind people to relax, and enjoy themselves, and the moment. Life is crazy and many of us are on the go so these simple reminders can go a long way. I only had one instructor that emphasized the importance of relaxation. Overall I do not feel like a different person, I have always been able to see things from multiple perspectives and understanding. Meditation however does deliver those new ideas and understandings if I'm focused on a particular subject. While doing yoga I did not experience any spectacular healings but one session in particular corrected a kink in my back and ended a week of back pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment