Friday, February 16, 2018

practice 2/15/18

-Unfortunately I had to miss the Iyengar session in class Tuesday because I was sick.-

This week I went to Tracey for the typical Vinyasa Flow. There is not too much I can say about her class at this point without repeating myself from previous weeks. This week while doing our flow I decided to make note of every pose we did in this week's flow.

First we start in a seated position right leg in front of left and focus on breathing, while raising our arms with the inhale and lowering them as we exhale. Doing this helps with the synchronicity of breath and motion. Next pose we stand, breathe for a count, swan dive into standing forward bend, breathe. With the inhale we straighten our back to the mid point, exhale back into standing forward bend (uttanasana), soft knees, inhale straighten the back. Exhale. Repeat. Start incorporating a sway to further stretch muscles out. Next we do a plank, and into Chaturanga Dandasana, into Cobra pose. As we come up from Cobra pose we go into  downward dog ( adho mukha svanasana) to three legged dog (right leg.) Next we transition back to plank, chaturanga dandasana, into corbra, go into downward dog, and three legged with the left leg. Guess whats next? If you guessed plank, chaturanga dandasana, cobra, you're absolutely right! This time we go to chair pose then through all the warrior poses in sequence, Warrior 1, into Warrior 2, Reverse Warrior, into Warrior 3. Coming out of warrior 3 we go into downward dog,  plank, chaturanga dandasana, into corbra, bring left foot into the front of the mat and repeat the previous sequence.

I am looking at other yoga studios in my area for a new experience, and I am hoping to go to a different instructor for next week's practice.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to know what you thought of this sequence. What was its purpose?

    ReplyDelete