Friday, February 9, 2018

Bikram Yoga 2/8/18

This week I did Bikram yoga for the first time. I actually liked this class the most out of all the classes I've taken. The poses we did were a part of the 26 Hatha Yoga poses. I do not think we did them all, but we did most I would say. Typically Bikram yoga is done in a hot room, and the class I did was not, but I am curious as to how much of a difference the heat makes. What I liked most about this practice were the poses themselves. I feel as if it was a good total body work. I have muscles that are sore that I did not except to be sore because I didn't think I worked them that hard, or at all. I liked having to hold the poses for as long as we did. Some of the claims the instructor made followed typical yoga instructor claims. One of those claims were that the more one sweats, the more toxins that are expelled from the body. Its ironic because we were talking about how that is false in the class earlier this week. The instructor himself had a healing story as a result of practicing yoga. I had a weird kink in my back for the last week from the last yoga class, but the bikram class seems to have corrected that so I do like that. Chris(?) seemed to like yoga and teach it as strictly a physical practice which is another aspect that I liked. I do not recall too many anatomical calls, but he was able to describe how various parts of the body should be aligned/moved.

1 comment:

  1. Men usually take to buckram because it is accessible to then and it is decidedly not "dancey" or flowing (feminine). It also has the non nonsense no spirituality approach.

    ReplyDelete